July 18, 2015

My Canterbury Tales - The Tale of the Cabin Sleepers

Whenever a flight attendant brings me a meal on a plane, I get a very similar feeling to the one I get when I go to Costco on a Saturday with all the free samples.  Then I remember that I paid over $1,000 for my vegetarian meal and morning yogurt and that feeling goes away.

I kicked the seat in front of me a couple of times and I feel bad about that.  I was just trying desperately to get comfortable. One of the advertisements on the little screen said, “If you aren't comfortable, you aren't riding our airline.” I think it's more accurate to add, “or you didn't pay enough to deserve it.” On my flight from Atlanta to London, however, I sat next to nobody and could stretch out across two seats.  It was like a dream come true.

I also “accidentally” asked for red wine with my meal.  I didn't mean to.  I swear she said, “Would you like bread or white wine with your dinner?” I caught on when she pulled out the mini glass and bottle. I did the whole dramatic-reaction-when-I-don't-know-what-to-do thing. Hope she wasn't offended.

Even adults can't help themselves but to be fascinated by the miracle of flight. Although the sky was nothing by foggy clouds, so many of the tired travelers gazed at the haze as we flew through it.

Happy birthday to Flight Attendant Reggie (or whatever your name is). Sure was sweet of the captain to let us know about your special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment