May 29, 2016

Dreary Sundays

It's been raining off and on all day. I've always thought that rain was nice. Makes me think of eating oatmeal at the kitchen bar with my brothers. We'd always put in lots of brown sugar. The grass looks greener and the dirt looks browner when it rains.

Becca fell asleep a few hours after church, so I went for a walk. I like the way pictures look when it's wet outside.

The view from the bedroom window

The entrance to our apartment building

The tienda next door. The first time I went in there, the man heard my accent and charged me $3.50 for $0.75 worth of popcorn. I didn't understand the exchange rate very well at the time. I don't buy things from him anymore.

Entre Rios, the street we live on



Ave. Pelligrini-one of the few two-way streets

The street we live on-Entre Rios


I just like the classic middle-of-the-road shot


The typical street sign. The arrow indicates which way the cars drive on the one-way streets

I just liked how this looked

Recycle on the left, garbage on the right

Again, middle-of-the-street shot

This is a bus stop.  They call buses colectivos. You put money on a card and scan it each time you get on the bus. Each ride costs about 50 cents.

When people ask where we live, we tell them Entre Rios and Cochabamba.




No comments:

Post a Comment