May 27, 2013

i am a feminist

This does not mean that I'd rather burn my bras or throw darts at pictures of men on my wall.

It means I believe that kindness and awareness is more important than empty chivalry.

I believe I have the ability to choose what I want to do with my life. I believe I have the responsibility to give selfless service. I believe in humanity. I believe in beauty. I believe in womanhood, motherhood, partnership, and side-kicks. I believe I can be wrong, but I also believe I can be right. I believe I'm capable, strong, powerful, and independent. I believe that to be a woman means to be persuasive, long-suffering, gentle, meek, and full of love. I believe that submissiveness is not weakness when I submit to God. I believe that I'm worth way more than my paycheck. I believe in humility and courage. I believe in open arms and hearts. I believe that men and women are equal, which means that all that garbage about women being more spiritual than men is just an excuse for the men to think it's okay to live lower than their potential. I believe that Christ is a Man for a reason. I don't believe that the Priesthood was made for men, but rather that men were made for the Priesthood. I believe that the angels cannot be restrained from being my associates.

I believe I have the charge to save souls.

I'm a feminist because I believe all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment